Sometimes the road I am traveling gets bumpy. Sh*t happens. Loved ones need more care and attention. My mindfulness practice reminds me to take a breath when I feel overwhelmed. I come back to now and think to myself that … ‘All is well. I am safe’.
Expressing gratitude is another wonderful practice. I remind myself how grateful I am for …
- so much wonderfulness in my life
- knowing that If I take things one step at a time, everything will get done
- my amazing, caring friends who check in to see how I’m doing and let me know they are thinking of me
- the beautiful moon that is always there, even when clouds are blocking my view
- the peace I feel when I am at my ‘happy place’ (Silver Lake)
Take a moment today to breath consciously and express gratitude!